Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Yarn Along: "The Royal We" and a Knitted Hummingbird

Yarn Along is a wonderful weekly link-up hosted by Ginny at the Small Things blog about two of the best things in life: books and knitting.

yarn along 092816


I'm almost done with "The Royal We" by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan, a sort of romance/comedy/drama about the joys and craziness of carrying on a relationship with a British prince. Some of the characters are loosely based on the real royal family (complete with red-haired mischievous "Freddie"), and the scripted life and hounding press are surely realistic. I love the main character, Bex, who is witty, fun, confident, loyal and no-nonsense. I thought this book would be fluffy chick-lit, but it's got much more depth than I expected and it's been such a delightful and addicting read!

I ended up enjoying "The Other Einstein," my Yarn Along read from last week, and then I blew through "Curious Minds," the start of Janet Evanovich's new series (review -- decent for a light read) and absolutely loved the sci-fi/thriller/love story "Dark Matter" by Blake Crouch.


IMG_2515


I had so much fun knitting this sweet little hummingbird for a friend from the library where I worked in Ohio. She loves hummingbirds and asked me to knit this adorable guy after coming across the pattern in a book. It was a wonderful diversion from the disaster of my Earnest cardigan -- and after I shared a photo I have a few requests to make more! I'm excited to dig through my stash and try out some other colors for the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...