Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My Happiness Project

I read a short magazine article the other day about an Australian study that found a group of women who wrote down three positive aspects of their day every evening for two weeks were significantly "more content" at the end of the study. The magazine blurb touted that readers could "be happier by New Year's Eve." Something about this piqued my interest, and I've decided to give it a try. Every day from now until December 31st, I'll write down three things that made me happy each day.

I can understand the logic of this excercise. It helps you to become more aware of pleasurable moments in your day, and if you're already on the lookout for happy things you'll probably savor them even more when they occur. Plus, it forces you to find the bright spots in even the most terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days.

At the end of December I'll let you know if I'm feeling more content and share some of the highlights of my lists with you. For now, here are three good parts of yesterday:

1. Conan actually getting in the tub on his own when it was time for his bath. And later, running my hands along his soft, clean fur as we snuggled on the couch.
2. A hug from my husband when he's looking handsome in his Air Force blues.
3. Watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...