Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Musings

IMG_3205

Highlight of the week: On Friday afternoon, Jarrod and I decided totally last-minute to see if we could get tickets to a Toby Keith concert in Cincinnati that night. The opener, Chris Janson, is Jarrod's new favorite country singer and that was our main motivation. We scored amazing seats (7th row center!) for a really good price. Must've been cancellations. The concert was a blast -- Toby Keith, Eli Young Band and Chris Janson all put on great shows, and it was fun to do something spontaneous.

Reading: I finished up "The Dog Master" by W. Bruce Cameron (3.5 or 4 stars, review forthcoming) and started "In the Woods" by Tana French. I'm about 60 pages in and it is exactly the kind of mystery I've been craving! Totally loving it so far.

Knitting: Almost done with my BlueSand Cardigan! The sleeves are finished; now I just need to sew the pockets to the body of the sweater, weave in all the yarn ends and block. It's been a really fun project, but now I'm just ready to get it done -- mostly because everything that's left is really tedious. My next project is going to be a quick, bulky multi-colored cowl (Rainbow Twist), and then I'll start my next sweater!

Watching: I've been watching movies on the laptop while Jarrod watches football; that way we're still sitting together, but I can cross some movies off my very long to-watch list while he watches football five nights a week. (Yes, he's kinda obsessed.) "Song One" (an indie starring Anne Hathaway) was a super-cute music movie in the vein of "Begin Again" and "Once," and I immediately requested the soundtrack from the library (couldn't find it on Spotify). I also watched "What We Do in the Shadows," which is a documentary-style film about modern-day vampires living in New Zealand, and it was a total riot! Jarrod kept giving me funny looks when I laughed out loud. Sometimes those ironic, darkly funny movies don't click for me, but this one totally did.

Listening to: Added some new songs to my Spotify playlist this week: "All About It" by Hoodie Allen (featuring Ed Sheeran), "S.O.B." by Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats, and "Dreams" by Beck.

Shopping: Old Navy just had a 30% off online sale, and inspired by my favorite fashion blogger, Audrey at Putting Me Together, who had a wonderful Old Navy review post, I ordered a few things -- an olive green field jacket, a dress, a cardigan and a pair of purple shoes. I can't wait for everything to come in the mail!

Looking forward to: Our Of Monsters and Men concert tonight! And our trip to Cleveland and Niagara Falls this weekend. We've got to finish our regional to-do list before we move this spring and we're crossing off a ton of stuff this trip: Ohio Amish Country, Cuyahoga National Park (did you know there was a national park in Ohio? I didn't until we moved here!), the Pro Football Hall of Fame, the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, the "Christmas Story" house and museum, Niagara Falls, and buffalo wings at the original restaurant in Buffalo, New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...