Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Musings from Colorado #5

DSC_1008_crop

Highlight of the week: My little brother graduated from my alma mater, Colorado State University, with a degree in business!

Reading: I finished and loved "A Gathering of Shadows" by V.E. Schwab, second in the Shades of Magic series. If you like fun reads, spunky characters and magic, check this series out! I can't wait for the conclusion next Feburary. I also read "Black Rabbit Hall" (review) and thought it was a decent read. It's a dual narrative that falls in the genre of long-held family secrets and crumbling old English manors.

And I started (and have absolutely plowed through) "Uprooted." I had never even heard of this delightful, enthralling fairy tale-esque fantasy novel until it appeared on several blogger's best-of-2015 lists. I can see what all the fuss was about -- I am totally absorbed in the story and I managed to read about 300 pages in two days!



Knitting: I made some decent progress on my Cap Sleeve Lattice Top this week. The part I'm working on now is just straight stockinette stitch, so it's perfect to knit while watching TV. I've only got a couple more inches to go before I start the lacy chest/collar section, which will be knit in cream yarn.

IMG_1519

Watching: "The Night Manager," an AMC mini-series based on the novel by John leCarre. I'm enjoying this James Bond-esque spy story, which stars Tom Hiddleston (the very, very attractive spy) and Hugh Laurie (the very, very bad guy).

Listening to: "Wherever I Go" by One Republic.



Looking forward to: We're helping my brother move to his new apartment in Denver one day this week, and I'm excited to finally go to Voodoo Doughnuts and see what all the fuss is about! I'm also looking forward to having lunch at Big City Burrito, one of my all-time favorite restaurants.

*


I'm linking up with Kathryn at Book Date for It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to your brother! That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Rabbit Hall looks like a good book. I've heard good things about it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather! "Black Rabbit Hall" ended up being a decent read, though not one of my favorites.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...