Thursday, August 25, 2011

Inspiration: My Favorite Color

I've really enjoyed participating in the Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop these past few weeks. I like how the prompts get me thinking about things I already love, or things I dream about having or doing in the future. I really had fun with this week's prompt: "Your Favorite Color." I have lots of favorite colors for lots of different things; for instance, my favorite color for home decor is red, and my favorite color for clothes is pink. But right now my overall favorite color is anything that falls into the blue-green category, from turquoise to teal.

These are a few of my favorite things in my favorite color. (And by the way, I had already painted my toenails that color before learning of this week's prompt!)

Here's a sampling of the blue-green shirts in my closet.


This picture of my beautiful mom was taken at Bellows on the east side of Oahu when my family visited last October. Check out all that turquoise water behind her.


This is Navarre Beach on the Florida Panhandle. We lived in Navarre for a year right after college when Jarrod was stationed at Hurlburt Field. It's the best beach I've ever been to and it's hard to imagine a better one, which is saying a lot since some of the beaches I've visited are on Dr. Beach's Top 10 List. I'd call it an undiscovered gem; it's uncrowded, offers great seashell-hunting grounds, and has powder-soft white sand and clear turquoise water. Sigh...

2 comments:

  1. Great photo's!
    Ohh to be at the beach!
    Stopping by from Gussy Sew's!
    Shelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a huge fan of teal or turquoise but I'm loving your pics! You may have changed my mind about the blue-green combo :)

    (Fellow Gussy fan!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...