Sunday, March 25, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

03-25-12 Chinatown

Well, I've finally done it -- I made my first Pinterest recipe this weekend. I whipped up this chocolate chip cookie dough dip for a bunco night with some of the spouses in my husband's squadron. (If you don't know -- which I definitely didn't! -- bunco is a dice game that requires absolutely no skill whatsover, so it's perfect for playing while chatting and drinking too much wine. And a prize is given not only to the overall winner, but also to the player who racked up the most losses. Incidentally, that was me. Not sure if I should be proud or ashamed...)

I served this quick and easy dip with fresh strawberries and vanilla wafer cookies. I really wanted chocolate graham crackers, as suggested in the recipe, but I couldn't find them anywhere. (Well, not at the two grocery stores I checked after remembering a couple hours before the event that we were supposed to bring something.) Luckily, someone else brought chocolate graham crackers (I admit to being slightly overcome with envy when I first spotted those evil chocolate grahams next to a competing cream cheese-based dip!), and they were just as delectable with the chocolate chip cookie dough dip as the original blog post made them sound.

This dip has it all -- fat, calories, guilt and drool-inducement. At least the fruit lightens it up a bit, right? Er... right? If you're like me and inhale half the cookie dough each time you bake cookies, you'll enjoy this. It's basically cookie dough without the eggs and with the addition of cream cheese. Yum! Check out the recipe at addapinch.com. Happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious and easy to make. I'm sure it was gone before the party was over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...