Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Healthy-ish Banana Oatmeal Muffins

muffins1
This was my first full week of work at the library, and I knew I'd need some hearty snacks to munch on my breaks for an energy boost. I whipped up these simple, sorta-healthy oatmeal banana muffins, which have no flour, oil or sugar. They're the perfect take-along -- moist, filling, tasty and not horrible for you!

The recipe is slightly adapted from this version at Illustrated Nutrition.

Healthy-ish Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Yield: 10 muffins

2 ripe or over-ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 egg
1 cup milk (regular or almond both work)
1/2 Tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
2 Tbsp honey (adjust to your preferred sweetness level; this amount makes a mildly sweet muffin)
 
Combine all ingredients and divide evenly between 10 greased slots in a muffin tin. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
 
muffins2

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a pretty easy recipe plus they are on the healthy side too. Gonna give them a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...