Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Knitting FO: Hollyhock Beret

IMG_1863
 Project: Hollyhock Beret
Pattern: Brambles Beret
My Ravelry project page
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Holly Hock
 
IMG_1859
 Ooooh, look at all the lovely colors!
 
IMG_1869
 This is the first beret I've ever made. I blocked it over a dinner plate as directed and I expected it to be more slouchy, but I suppose it is a true beret shape. It's so soft and I just absolutely LOVE the color. All the different textures made the pattern fun to knit, and I found the design to be quite clever.
 
IMG_1876
I think I'll get lots of use out of my new hat in the fall and winter to walk Conan or go to the store, especially since it's loose enough that it doesn't completely wreck my hair. This hat is so pretty that maybe I'll actually look forward to getting bundled up! (Eh... that's probably too much to hope for!)

1 comment:

  1. I love the color and it looks so soft. You will be happy you have it to wear this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...