Saturday, September 21, 2013

Knitting FO: Jack Frost Cowl

IMG_2684
Project: Jack Frost Cowl
Pattern: Honey Cowl
My Ravelry project page
Yarn: Malabrigo Merino Worsted, Polar Morn colorway
 
IMG_2690
My latest project is another warm weather accessory -- a soft, squishy cowl made out of my favorite yarn, Malabrigo. The pattern provided instructions for a short cowl and a long one; I cast on 220 for the long cowl, but I knit it on size 7 needles for a warmer, denser fabric. The original pattern called for making it almost twice as wide as I did, but I wanted to have some yarn left over for matching mittens.
 
IMG_2693
Most often I will probably wear the cowl doubled around my neck, but it also looks cute this way -- its full length, folded in half, hung around my neck.
 
IMG_2697
I bought two skeins of Polar Morn a while ago and was waiting for just the right project to come along. I think the simple honeycomb stitch of the cowl really showcases the subtle gray color changes throughout. I enjoyed knitting this easy cowl; it got a bit boring but it was great to work on while watching TV!

1 comment:

  1. Looks very warm. Love the soft grey color you chose. Adding mittens will make a great cold weather duo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...