Saturday, September 28, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #2

I'm participating again this week in Stacking the Shelves, a weekly link-up hosted by Tynga's Reviews in which bloggers share the new books they acquire each week. What a great way to get some ideas for reading material you might not otherwise come across! (Cover images from Goodreads.)
 

I grabbed "The Other Typist" at the library this week. It's an express book, meaning it's a 7-day unrenewable check-out. I know there's no way I'll have it done by next Wednesday, so it's a good thing I'm a library employee and don't have to pay late fees! All I really know about the book after reading the first 15 pages is that it's set in 1920s Manhattan and our protagonist is a typist at a police station. So far I'm enjoying the writing!

This novel, which came out in 2012, was 25 cents from the library's ongoing book sale. The cover pulled me in, and who can resist a book for a quarter? It's set in Russia and Cambridge, Massachusetts, and involves chess, love, Huntington's disease and an old letter.

1 comment:

  1. I'm unfamiliar with these, but I hope you enjoy them. Happy reading.

    My STS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...