Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Knitting Update: Follow Your Arrow 2 MKAL

DSCF5732

My Ravelry project page

I am totally loving this mystery knit-along! So far I've chosen all clue Bs. This week I selected B because of the word "cables." Cables are my very most favorite thing to knit, so I didn't even consider the other option. It turns out these cables weren't exactly run of the mill, but rather "elongated cables," and they created these super-awesome arrows!

I'm thinking I'll name my shawl something like A Walk in the Woods or Winter Woods... or A Walk in the Winter Woods; all the design elements so far remind me of nature. And the gray yarn just complements the theme so nicely!

I actually have some darker gray yarn that I had planned to use as a contrast color, but I didn't have it on hand for clue 1 or 2 (it arrived the day clue 2 came out, but I couldn't wait to dive right in) and I thought it might look strange to suddenly introduce a new color in clue 3, so it looks like I'll probably have a one-color shawl. But that's fine -- this oh-so-lightly vareigated light gray Malabrigo is just beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pattern on your shawl. The yarn is so pretty too. Let me know what you end up naming it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...