Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Yarn Along: "All the Birds in the Sky" and Stovetop Hat

Yarn Along is a wonderful weekly link-up hosted by the Small Things blog about two of the best things in life, reading and knitting.

IMG_0763

Reading: "All the Birds in the Sky" by Charlie Jane Anders. I'm a little over halfway through this quirky tale, which is sorta fiction, sorta sci-fi and sorta magical realism. Next up is "Room" by Emma Donoghue. I've been meaning to read it forever, and now that the movie is about to come out on DVD the time has finally come! (Although I feel like I basically know the entire plot of the book after seeing all the clips of the movie on the Oscars the other night, so that's a bit of a bummer!)

Knitting: Since we were on a trip to Florida all last week (yay for finally visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!) and I didn't take my knitting, I'm no further along on my Stovetop Hat than I was last time I did a Yarn Along post. But our move is rapidly approaching -- as in 5 weeks away! -- and I reeeeeeally need to start buckling down and watching all my DVRed shows, which is why I started working on this hat in the first place. If all goes to plan, I'll have watched a bunch of TV and be showing you a finished hat next week!

Eating: Cadbury Mini Eggs! Now that March is upon us and Easter is in just a few weeks, I couldn't resist grabbing a bag at the grocery store yesterday.


10 comments:

  1. I really liked Room although I don't think I can handle seeing the movie. Happy knitting this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished my other book and I'm starting it tonight! I think it'll be a pretty quick read (although I'm expecting it to be sad). Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on cleaning off the DVR. We thought we lost all of our shows on ours but the technician was able to fix it! I've been on sort of quest myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need all the help I can get! I've known this move was coming for a while and I just cannot keep on top of the DVR, even though it's full of stuff I really want to watch. I've managed to let six episodes of "Downton Abbey" pile up and that's one of my most favorite shows! Part of the problem is that we only have one TV, and part is that it's so hard to set aside a book in favor of a TV show. Thank goodness your DVR was rescued -- that would've been terrible!

      Delete
  3. Wow, such an adorable hat - and yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the yarn too -- it's a beautiful pink Malabrigo called Dusty, a name that fits the shade perfectly.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful hat and I love Easter candy. "Room" was a very good book, now that I have a child it becomes even more scary in my mind, but it's well worth the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the whole thing in a day! I'm looking forward to the movie; I think it was cast really well. The little boy looks so cute!

      Delete
  5. Great hat and that yarn is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck finishing the hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...