Friday, January 27, 2017

Kauai: October 2016

IMG_1485(1)
A glimpse of the absolutely stunning Na Pali Coast -- probably the most beautiful place I've ever been. (And that's my mom!)

Better late than never, right?! One of my goals for 2016 was to get better about posting travel photos on the blog, and while I was semi-successful (I did post photos from most of our 2015 trips), I never got around to 2016 (specifically, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Kauai). We're about to get a puppy so we definitely won't be doing as much travel in 2017, and hopefully that means I can finally get on top of travel posts! In that spirit, here's a look at our trip to Kauai, Jarrod's and my favorite Hawaiian island, when my mom was out for a visit in October.

kauai collage 2

Some notable sites (and places to add to your to-do list if you ever visit the Garden Isle):
-Rainbow Falls
-Waimea Canyon (and Waipo'o Falls)
-Kalalau Lookout (at the very end of the Waimea Canyon road -- that's all the green mountain-y photos, including the one of our hair blowing around like crazy!)
-Kilauea Lighthouse
-Opaeka'a Falls
-Hanalei overlook
-Spouting Horn blowhole
-the "tree tunnel" on the road to Poipu

IMG_2669
That island in the distance is Ni'ihau, the second-northernmost inhabited Hawaiian island. It's a private island that's been owned by the same family for generations and it's famous for the tiny seashells that can be found there (called, appropriately, Ni'ihau shells).

4 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures and I especially like the one with the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the waterfall and sunset pictures. I've never been to Hawaii, but I recently went to Goa (India's Hawaii equivalent)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaii looks beautiful with some stunning landscape - I hope we're lucky enough to visit as a family at some point.

    Looks like you had a great time with many memories made, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...