Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Best Books I've Read So Far in 2017

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is the 10 best books we've read so far in 2017, but I'm sorry to say it's been a pretty mediocre reading year for me -- not a single 5-star book in the bunch! I'm currently taking a break from new releases and focusing on backlist (and my own books!) and I'm hoping things will get better from here.

What's the best book you've read so far this year?

best books of 2017 so far

Books read: 45

Fiction: 37
Non-fiction: 8

2017 releases: 24
2016 releases: 12
Pre-2016 releases: 9

4.5 stars:
A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab.
The Fire By Night by Teresa Messineo

4 stars (in no particular order):
Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance
All Our Wrong Todays Elan Mastai
The Dry by Jane Harper
My Last Continent by Midge Raymond
March volumes 1-2 by Congressman John Lewis
The Likeness by Tana French
A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn
Saga volumes 6-7 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed The Likeness!! Hope you get a 5 star read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Perilous Undertaking made my list as well. I just heard the author recently signed on for a total of 5 more books - I'm so thrilled (maybe it's 4 but it's at LEAST 4). I just stated Saga Vol. 6 over the weekend but didn't get past the shower scene before it began a read-a-thon. It almost rivals the dragon scene from one of the other volumes. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not put down The Dry. Hill Billy Elegy is on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for The Dry is really eye-catching, though it doesn't really sound like my type of read. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...