Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What I Wore Wednesday #9

In sharp contrast to my last WIWW post in which I talked about how relaxed and happy I was after my amazing trip to Colorado, I have to say that this has been a bit of a rough seven days for me. It was hard coming back to Hawaii knowing that Jarrod wouldn't be here, as he's away for a month of pre-deployment training. His deployment is once again up in the air, and I've reclaimed my front-row seat on the Emotional Rollercoaster. It's very difficult not knowing -- yet again -- when and where he's going. And I certainly love my free time, but I'm one of those people who has trouble appreciating leisure if I don't have a hard day of work to measure it up against. The boredom of not working -- and the monotony of being by myself -- is starting to catch up with me. Because of all that, I didn't have many occasions to get dressed up this week. But I did manage to photograph two outfits so I could link up with The Pleated Poppy for WIWW, and I do have to say that I was very thrilled with my Saturday outfit, which includes a new shirt I bought in Colorado.


Saturday
(squadron spouses' get-together -- a relaxing and fun spa night at which I was pampered with a 20-minute back massage)
Top: Kohl's
White tank top: Target
Jeans: Seven For All Mankind, Nordstrom
Earrings (hard to see but they're gold): Bealls Florida
Bracelet: thrifted


Monday
(shopping for flowers and planting them)
Tank top: American Eagle
White tank top (yet again): Target
Shorts: JC Penney
Necklace: The Vintage Pearl

Racerback tank tops are a major trend this summer, but as much as I like them on other people I just don't know about them for myself. I hate showing my bra straps but I can never find a strapless bra I like, so that means I have to wear another shirt underneath a racerback to cover my bra straps. I chose my go-to white tank top on this occasion, but I really didn't like how it looked. It just seemed too busy to me, with all those different straps. I took a picture of the back of my outfit so you can see what I mean. What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love love racerback tanks! You have to have a strapless though, or if you layer another racerback underneath that has thicker straps then you can wear a racerback bra! A-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your top you wore on Saturday. Maybe because I was there when you bought it. I do like the racer back top also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that pink top, so pretty! Could you tell me what brand it is? I couldn't find it at my Kohls in Delaware...booo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katey! The top is Elle brand, but it was on clearance when I bought it two weeks ago and I didn't see any others on the rack. :( Thanks so much for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...