Sunday, September 18, 2011

Me + My New Pie Plate = LOVE

IMG_4542

I've been pining after a pretty red scalloped pie plate for ages, but I kept putting off buying it because of the price. But then, on Friday night, I happened upon the clearance aisle at Wal-Mart and what did I see? A red scalloped pie plate even better than the one I'd been eyeing because it's Paula Deen brand and matches the rest of my cookware! Of course I snatched it up, and by Saturday morning it was just begging to be used.

Since it's almost time for apple and pumpkin and pecan pies, I decided to try a new recipe and go for a last-gasp-of-summer feel (even though it's perpetually summer in Hawaii) with Rachael Ray's rustic tri-berry pie, which includes blackberries, blueberries and strawberries (oh my!).

This pie was a lot of firsts for me -- my first time using tapioca in a pie, my first time using a homemade pie crust and my first time using blackberries in a pie. I guess I did something right (or the recipe is just fool-proof) because the pie is DIVINE. And (aside from the major leak the pie crust sprung) doesn't it just look so pretty in my new pie plate? :) 
IMG_4532

IMG_4543

IMG_4546

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...