Friday, July 18, 2014

Knitting FO: Claude the Rat

DSCF3815
Pattern: Rats by Sara Elizabeth Kellner
My Ravelry Project Page
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft scraps
 
DSCF3821
I really enjoy mystery knit-alongs, and what could be better than an MKAL combined with instant gratification?! This fun rat pattern only took 4 days! I was a little disappointed on day 2 when I knitted a tail that looked suspiciously like it belonged to a certain rodent (I was hoping for something a little cuddlier) but I ended up loving my little rat, Claude.
 
DSCF3822
He really is the cutest thing! The pattern was fun and simple; the only thing I'd do differently if I knit another rat is to put the ears closer to the top of the head. They're positioned more like elephant ears than rat ears, but I hate sewing knitted stuff together and I was too lazy to fix Claude's.

After Claude's foray into the great outdoors and feline confrontation, he decided he'd be happy to keep my Harry Potter books company (fitting, as he could easily be a wizard pet) and is currently residing on my bookshelf.
 
DSCF3842
 
DSCF3848

1 comment:

  1. Claude turned out pretty cute. I love how you posed him for the pictures. I wonder what Lily was thinking? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...