Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Knitting Update + Valentines and Sushi

IMG_1785
Valentine's Day is fast approaching and I just got the last of my valentines in the mail this afternoon. I'm sensing a trend here... the top two cards are from my grandma and my mom, and the bottom two are from the packs I sent out to friends and family. I guess you could say I'm a dog person! ;) 
 
IMG_1783
Saturday was a beautiful day for winter in Ohio -- it was in the upper 40s and not overcast for a change! Jarrod and I decided we needed to get out of the house, so we went to a new sushi place someone had told him about called Fusian. It's basically a build-your-own sushi restaurant where you go down the assembly line and point out what you want on your roll, from a variety of proteins to several different sauces and toppings to finish off. I was super excited because I always end up with vegetarian sushi since I don't eat seafood, but Fusian had chicken! It was so fun to customize what we wanted on our rolls -- I got chicken, avocado, carrots, cucumbers, green onions and cream cheese with spicy mayo and tempura crunch. Mmmm, I can almost taste it now!  Yum yum yum! We'll definitely be frequenting this place!
 
DSCF5739
 And here's my progress on the Follow Your Arrow 2 MKAL. (Here's my Ravelry project page.) I was really loving my shawl up to this point, but I'm a little disappointed in this clue. I think I should've gone with the other option, which made more of a chevron shape and would've flowed a lot better with clue 3.

On the other hand, I do like how clue 4 continued on with the nature theme I've decided I have going. I think the pattern is supposed to represent a quiver of arrows, but to me it looks like a bouquet of flowers. It's so pretty that I can't bear to rip it out, so I'm just crossing my fingers that the last clue ties everything together. I can't believe we only have one more clue left -- it's bittersweet! Mystery knit-alongs are so much fun, and there's an extra anticipation factor with this one because there are two totally different choices each week. I'll miss waking up Monday mornings and logging onto Ravelry first thing to see what beautiful clues await!

DSCF5751

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...