Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween 2015: Bookish Pumpkin Carving

halloween3

Happy Halloween! We're hanging out at home tonight and I'm about to make some cocoa and dive into my rather fitting-for-Halloween book, "Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray. I think we've seen the last of the trick-or-treaters (my favorite of which was a toddler dressed as an adorable little skunk). We have quite a bit of candy left over -- but that's inevitable since I always seem to over-buy. And that's why I get candy that I like too! (Reese's and Sweet Tarts and Butterfingers, oh my!)

halloween2

Jarrod and I had fun carving our pumpkins last night. His minion -- carved totally free-hand -- looks awesome, and I'm really pleased with the way mine came out. I wanted to convey something along the lines of "reading is magical" and I think I achieved that! And, totally coincidentally, it's a great compliment to my Hermione costume, which I wore at work today. Between the literary costume and the bookish pumpkin, I think it's pretty clear that I work at a library!

halloween1

Do tell: What did you carve into your pumpkin this year? Hope you're having a spooktacular Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...