Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Yarn Along: "The Hating Game" and Je T'aime Hat

Yarn Along is a weekly link-up hosted by Ginny at the Small Things blog about two of the best things in life: books and knitting.

yarn along 30117


I really should be working on the Hufflepuff Scarf on request from a friend, but I was craving something different and I decided to whip up a (totally unnecessary) hat, which I'll probably give away when it's done. The pattern is From Norway With Love, and it'll feature four rows of colorwork hearts, which will be done in the white yarn against a teal background. The teal Malabrigo (which is so, so much prettier in person) was a gift from my Broke and Bookish Secret Santa, and the white speckled yarn is left over from my Gilmore Girls MKAL cowl.

I'm still reading an advance copy of "Dead Letters" by Caite Dolan-Leach (which came out yesterday), but next up will be "The Hating Game" by Sally Thorne. I don't normally go for chick-lit/romance these days, but so many other bloggers were raving about it that I figured I'd better check it out. (If you're curious, I'm finding "Dead Letters" to be just-ok. I feel like thrillers almost never live up to my expectations.)

3 comments:

  1. I've kind of been having bad luck with thrillers myself - it all started with The Couple Next Door last year. I've only heard great things about The Hating Game as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad luck with thrillers started all the way back at the beginning of 2016 with "What She Knew" by Gilly Macmillan. I'm thinking maybe the genre just isn't for me, other than the odd standout like "Gone Girl." :(

      Delete
  2. I love that Malabrigo! I hadn't heard of The Hating Game, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...