Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Yarn Along: "Lincoln in the Bardo" and Hufflepuff Scarf

Yarn Along is a weekly link-up hosted by Ginny at the Small Things blog about two of the best things in life: books and knitting.

yarn along 032217

I finally picked up the Newt Scamander Hufflepuff scarf again! I've got quite a long way to go, but it's nice to have TV knitting again. I still haven't had time to block my teal heart hat or make the pompom for the top, but I hope to soon. And then I'll post some pictures!


I'm just a little ways into the much-hyped "Lincoln in the Bardo" and I'm not too sure about it. The format is reeeally different and I'm having a tough time getting into the story. I'm intrigued by the plot (to do with Abe Lincoln's son Willie, dying and Abe visiting him at his crypt with several ghosts for company) and I'm hoping the unique, experimental style will grow on me. (Here's an example: entire chapters are told in short couple-sentence excepts taken from non-fiction books. And this is a novel.) People generally seem to love it, though, and I'm going to persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...