Saturday, August 25, 2012

DIY: Florida Gators Felt and Yarn Argyle Wreath

IMG_8890
College football season is nearly upon us, as is my husband's return from his deployment to Afghanistan. Born in Gainesville, Jarrod is an obsessive Florida Gators fan. I saw this pin for an Oklahoma Sooners wreath several months ago and just knew I'd have to make a Gators version to surprise Jarrod with.

To make my University of Florida wreath, I wrapped a foam wreath form in gray yarn, then made the argyle pattern with 2-inch felt squares. I really wanted to use blue instead of white but the craft store was out of royal blue felt at the time. Then I wrapped my blue yarn around the wreath twice, whipped up some felt flowers (thanks for sending the blue felt, Mom) and painted my wooden UF letters. It was super-simple and cheap, and now everybody on the block will know where our allegiance lies!
 
IMG_8895
 
IMG_8893

1 comment:

  1. The wreath turned out great! Jarrod is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...