Monday, December 7, 2015

Monday Musings

IMG_3870

Highlight of the week:
Cutting down and decorating our Christmas tree! We selected a gorgeous 9-footer this year. We also had a delicious dinner out at Red Robin, a restaurant I'm seriously going to miss when we move to Hawaii in a few months. And we had our first snow of the winter on Wednesday night --  beautiful, fat snow-globe flakes.

Reading: "The Great Christmas Knit-Off" by Alexandra Brown and "Between the World and Me" by Ta-Nehisi Coates -- two books that really could not be more different. I also finished "The Beautiful Bureaucrat" by Helen Phillips (weird but addicting) and read the first volume in the "Saga" graphic novel series (also weird but addicting).

Knitting: Almost done with the Molly Hat for my friend Jessie. Next up is a hat for the Bookish Secret Santa swap I'm participating in through The Broke and the Bookish blog.

Making: At work we made Christmas trees and snowflakes from recycled books. Photos to come!

Eating: We tried and loved this ranch baby carrot recipe from Damn Delicious, my new favorite cooking blog. I'm always on the lookout for new side dish recipes because I feel like we have the same ones all the time. This one was super-easy and yummy!

Watching: Cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies!

Wanting to buy: Wispa hot chocolate. It's a British drink made by Cadbury that makes its own foam! I read about it in "The Great Christmas Knit-Off" and I already looked it up on Amazon, but it's kinda pricey. Christmas present, anyone? ;)

Listening to: Twenty-One Pilots. I'd heard a couple of their songs on the radio but I listened to the entire album on Spotify while cleaning the other day and I'm in love!

Following: Arrow Acres Farm blog -- worth it for the adorable alpaca pictures alone!

Looking forward to: Curling up with a blanket and a cup of cocoa by the light of our gorgeous Christmas tree. And maybe finally seeing "Mockingjay Part 2"?!

2 comments:

  1. You're moving to Hawaii? Oh my goodness, I am so very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh, you are moving to Hawaii?!! Take me with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...