Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies With Maple Frosting

IMG_5039
Maybe it's due to the Great Pumpkin Shortage of 2010 when I only got to make one pumpkin dessert all fall, but this autumn I'm all about pumpkin! I had some canned pumpkin leftover from my pumpkin frenzy last week, and I wanted a quick recipe to use it up. I found these pumpkin-pecan-chocolate-chip cookies from Bakerella; the name alone got my mouth watering so I figured I'd found my winner.

IMG_5031
I followed Bakerella's recipe for the cookies, but by the time I was done with my 6 1/2 dozen (whew -- the recipe was only supposed to yield 4 dozen!) I didn't feel like spending time on her fancy brown butter maple frosting. So I just made a simple maple buttercream with 1 stick of butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring. The cookies are delicious -- the texture is like a slightly softer chocolate chip cookie. I used Ghirardelli bittersweet baking chips, which is a nice (but oh-so-rich) complement to the pumpkin and maple.

IMG_5037
The poor neighbors and Jarrod's co-workers probably think it's my single goal in life to fatten them up. Their arteries may get clogged, but at least their taste buds will be happy!

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are perfect timing for this time of year. They sound delicious! I love maple flavors! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...