Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me

"Go Lindsay, it's your birthday, we gon' party like it's your birthday!" Oh, wait. It really is my birthday! While I try not to be one of those people who flaunts her birthday around, I figure I'd take advantage of "my" day to share a few things about myself. When I went home to Colorado in July, my dad was midway through a project to scan all our old family photos onto the computer and I had a blast looking through them. These are a few of my favorites:

1986_Feb_1859
I almost seamlessly went from being a military daughter to being a military girlfriend, then wife. I met Jarrod in college, when he was going to the U.S. Air Force Academy, and I always say he got lucky with me since I was already accustomed to the military lifestyle. Things have not been quite so easy for us lately, as we've been dealing with what I refer to as "the deployment rollercoaster," but even then I'm glad to be a military spouse. How many other jobs allow you to live all around the country (and globe) for free?

1986_1316
The instant I came across this picture, I thought of baby "Carlos" from "The Hangover," one of my favorite movies. Other movies I could watch over and over again (a rare thing for me!) are "Shakespeare In Love," "Office Space" and "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation." I also like all the "Harry Potter" and "Twilight" movies.

1986_1989_600
This is me, about age 3, staring at the garbage truck. I loved watching the weekly trash pick-up. Very oddly, my brother (who's 8 years younger than I am and was born several years after I got over my trash-day excitement) was also obsessed with garbage trucks. For the longest time, he had his heart set on being a garbageman and, when he was a little older, would even go help the trash guys empty the garbage cans on our cul-de-sac. Must be genetic.

1986_1989_420141_(2)
Ah, curls. It's taken me 26 years, but I think I've finally made some semblance of peace with my hair.

1986_1989_20051
I can tell by the straw that I'm drinking something from McDonald's. As a kid, I adored cheeseburger Happy Meals with an "orange drink." When I was in early high school, I stopped eating ground beef (and pretty much all other meat -- sorry Mom) and just this year got back in touch with my carnivorous side. Jarrod and I don't eat fast food all that often, but a couple months ago I had my first McDonald's cheeseburger in over 10 years!

1988_140
I loved pumpkins then and I love them now. In fact, I love pretty much all holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas and the Fourth of July are my favorites.

1990_AUG_216
This picture of little me with poor Sally Rabbit just cracks me up. According to photo evidence, I toted the poor bunny around like she was a stuffed animal!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Lindsay! Great pictures too. Tells a story of the things you liked the most growing up. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...