Monday, October 17, 2011

I've Got A Fever, And The Only Prescription Is More Pumpkin

I love pumpkins, and my weekend was all about the magical orange symbols of October!

IMG_4915
We went to the pumpkin patch at Aloun Farms in central Oahu on Saturday. I never imagined the most authentic, pick-your-pumpkin-from-the-vine patch with acres upon acres of pumpkins that I'd go to would be in Hawaii, but sure enough Aloun Farms is a pumpkin wonderland!

IMG_4928
Giant pumpkins!

IMG_4930
White pumpkins!

SYK_0725
Monsters! Jarrod's and my pumpkins both weigh in at close to 30 pounds! Conan's is much more normal-sized at 9 pounds.

IMG_4937
I used the white pumpkins and gourds we bought at the pumpkin patch to make a Halloween centerpiece.

IMG_4951
For a get-together Saturday night, I made this amazing pumpkin dip, which I served with gingersnaps.

IMG_4932
I also made chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting and pretzels to resemble pumpkin stems.

IMG_4954
And I got a wonderful suprise in the mail -- a package from my mom containing this super-cool pumpkin with our last initial!

1 comment:

  1. You know it's fall when it's pumpkin time. You got some nice ones there. I thought your pumpkin dip was a super neat idea and your cupcakes were very cute with the pretzel stems. Love this time of fall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...