Hello, fellow bookworms! Can you believe Thanksgiving is upon us? I don't know where the last few months went... I feel like it was just Labor Day! Today's topic for Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Thanksgiving -- any top 10 list related to Thanksgiving will do. Sounds easy, but it was surprisingly tough! I have so very much to be thankful for (a wonderful family, a job I actually like, a new car, a beautiful home, on and on) but I decided to focus on books. What are you feeling grateful for this Thanksgiving?
10 Bookish Things I'm Grateful For:
1. Easy (and free!) access to books.
2. Parents who read to me when I was little; they happily bought me books (Berenstain Bears, Little Critter, Babysitter's Club!) and took me to the library (hello, Nancy Drew!).
3. Some awesome teachers who encouraged my love of reading and writing.
4. My library job, where I get to talk books every day with co-workers and patrons.
5. All the best cold-weather reading comforts: a fireplace, a warm blanket, plenty of fun mugs to fill with coffee, tea or hot chocolate, and a cat to snuggle with.
6. Book-based movies and TV shows that are really well-done, like "The Hunger Games," "The Martian," "Gone Girl" and "Game of Thrones."
7. Up-all-night page-turners.
8. My amazingly comfortable hammock -- my favorite summer reading spot.
9. Fellow booklovers with creative streaks who have come up with all kinds of awesome bookish products for me to buy -- art prints, t-shirts, mugs, bookmarks, etc. (I love you, Etsy!)
10. A continuation of my favorite fictional world in the new J.K. Rowling play and the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them."