Monday, November 23, 2015

Monday Musings

edge

Highlight of the week: We bought a new car on Friday! It's a 2013 Ford Edge. I'm still not 100% sold on the exterior (I think it's a bit too reminiscent of a minivan) but the inside is sooooo nice. It has everything we wanted and so much more! Heated leather seats? Ok. Dual climate control? Yes. Huge sunroof? Can't turn that down. Nice sound system? Check. Ambient lighting in your choice of five or six different colors? Well, sure. Looks like a minivan? Ehh, who cares!

Reading: "The Lake House" by Kate Morton... which is what I was reading last Monday! I can't remember when I last took more than a week to read anything, and I'm loving "The Lake House," so I don't know what the hold-up is! I think it must just have to do with it being a busy week, and me falling asleep reading in bed every night. I hope to finish it soon, because my pile of unread library books is starting to multiply again!

Knitting: I finished my Woolly Wormhead mystery hat knit-along this week. I'm not totally in love with the hat, but I am besotted with my huge, fluffy faux fur pompom. I'll post pictures of the hat as soon as the pattern is released and they'll no longer be considered spoilers.

Watching: "Trainwreck" (ok) and "Self/Less" (also just ok). Hoping to see both "Spectre" and "Mockingjay" in the theater soon!
Looking forward to: Well, Thanksgiving, of course! And scouting out some good Black Friday deals (on the computer, while I'm wearing sweatpants and gorging on pie -- you couldn't pay me enough to go shopping at an actual store!).

1 comment:

  1. What a great week! Congrats on the new car, love the color. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...