Monday, November 9, 2015

Monday Musings

LILY

Highlight of the week: To be honest, it wasn't an awesome week. As I mentioned last week, we recently found out the Air Force is sending us back to Hawaii this winter/spring. Most people seem to think a move to Hawaii is something only a lunatic would complain about, but I'm actually not entirely thrilled to be heading back. And there are a LOT of things we have to do before the move. That, plus some other random crappy moments, have made for a stressful, grouchy week. There were a few bright spots, though: I got mail from my mom and my best friend, I enjoyed a Starbucks peppermint mocha and I signed up for my first-ever book/goodie swap through The Broke and the Bookish blog.

Reading: Unfortunately, I spent most of the week bogged down in "Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray, the sequel to "The Diviners." While I enjoyed "The Diviners," I really didn't love installment 2 and I might not even continue the series. In any case, it was definitely not the book I wanted to be reading when I needed some escapism! I also read "Everything, Everything" by Nicola Yoon (in a little over 3 hours on Friday afternoon -- review here) and I started "A Curious Beginning," the first in a new historical mystery series by Deanna Raybourn. Luckily, this book seems to be a total winner so far! (Sidenote: I hit my Goodreads 2015 goal of 65 books this weekend!)

Knitting: I started a mystery hat knit-along by Woolly Wormhead. Clue 2 comes out today and I'm looking forward to it.

Watching: I finished up season 1, volume 2 of "Outlander." It was excellent, but man were there some scenes that were hard to watch! Not sure why it needed to be quite so graphic... and I'm not one to be easily overwhelmed or offended. We watched "Southpaw," the Jake Gyllenhaal boxing movie, this weekend and I really enjoyed it. (And Jake is ripped! It made me think about the crazy things actors do to their bodies for movie roles.)

Eating: My best friend Katie sent me some Bailey's Irish Cream truffles and they are delicious! It was nice to have a splurge this week, since Jarrod is doing a no/low-carb diet and most of our dinners the last 10 days have consisted of meat and a green veggie (plus a baked sweet potato for me). Maybe the lack of pasta and garlic bread in my life is contributing to my grumpy mood!

Listening to: "Hello" by Adele. Constantly. Because whenever I listen to it, it gets stuck in my head on repeat. (But I still love it.)

Looking forward to: A better week!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not looking forward to the move! Hopefully once you're settled in again it'll be good. I know moving can definitely be stressful.

    Cute kitty pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! I think once we get there I'll be fine. It was just unexpected, and there are sooooooo many things we have to do before we go. At any rate, I can't complain about wearing flip-flops every day for the next three years! ;)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...