Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Yarn Along: "A Curious Beginning" and Woolly Wormhead Mystery Hat

Spoiler warning!
**If you're doing the Woolly Wormhead 2015 mystery knit-along and don't want to see clue 2, read no further!**


Yarn Along is a wonderful link-up -- hosted by the Small Things blog every Wednesday -- about two of the best things in life: reading and knitting!

yarn along 2


Reading: "A Curious Beginning" by Deanna Raybourn, the first in her new historical mystery series featuring Veronica Speedwell. It's set in 1887 England with the most delightful heroine! This is my first Deanna Raybourn read, but I've been meaning to check out her Lady Julia series forever. So far I'm absolutely loving "A Curious Beginning." If you like historical mysteries, give this one a try! In the last week I finished "Lair of Dreams" by Libba Bray (meh) and on Friday afternoon I read the entirety of the YA novel "Everything, Everything" by Nicola Yoon (not bad -- review here).

Knitting: The Woolly Wormhead 2015 mystery hat knit-along. Clue 2 came out this week and I'm really enjoying knitting it. I've just got one more repeat to go and I'll be ready for clue 3. The sort of mock-cable design is achieved by ascending 2-stitch cables to make a swirl pattern. Very clever! I've already decided to top it with a faux fur pompom.

2 comments:

  1. I love a good mystery knit! Your hat looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I think the hat looks better in person; the cable "swirls" didn't really show up well in the photo. Mystery knits are a blast! I love the anticipation of waiting for the next clue and checking out all the other knitters' progress.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...