Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Weekend: Chinatown to the North Shore

Happy Monday! Jarrod and I had a really fun Hawaiian weekend and I thought I'd share some pictures with you.

Friday night we went over to our neighbor base, Pearl Harbor, to see country singer Chris Cagle perform. We'd seen him once before (a few years ago at the Beulah Sausage Festival when we were living in Florida) but this time was even better.


We went to Honolulu's Chinatown on Saturday for lunch and a stroll. We ate at a place I've been wanting to try forever, Little Village Noodle House. Yum!


Yesterday we spend the day at the North Shore. Our afternoon started with sandwiches from Storto's Deli in Haleiwa (pronounced Hollay-AY-vuh), which I first read about on this blog. We got our sandwiches to go and ate them in the car overlooking the ocean.

Then we went to Waimea Valley, an 1,800-acre park containing Waimea Falls and an expansive botanical garden. We didn't wear our swimsuits so we couldn't get in, but next time we'll dress appropriately and take pictures under the falls.

We ended our North Shore day by driving up to the northern side of Ka'ena Point and hunting for shells and sea glass. What a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun-filled weekend. The pictures are great. It still amazes me the flowers and plants are just beautiful there. I'm sure you wished you'd had your swimsuits to check out those falls. Next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...