Monday, January 11, 2016

10 New Releases I Hoped to Read In 2015 But Didn't Get To


This week for Top Ten Tuesday the ladies at The Broke and the Bookish have asked us to think about the 2015 releases we really hoped/planned/had the best intentions to get to last year, but didn't. At the expense of my humongous queue of backlist books, it turns out I actually did read quite a lot of new books in 2015 so creating this list wasn't as easy as I assumed it would be.

But, not surprisingly, I did manage to come up with 10 books that I really wanted to read last year and still do. Some of them I even had checked out from the library! I added tons of 2015 releases to my TBR after looking through all the best-of lists and end-of-year wrap-up posts, but those aren't included here. These are all books I've been wanting to read for a while, in most cases since before they even came out.

There are some pretty popular titles here -- have you read any of them? What should I make sure to read and what should I not beat myself up over if I never get to it? What books did you hope to read last year and didn't?

missed in 2015

4 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Luckiest Girl Alive around. I'm intrigued... I hope you manage to read these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these book yet either. I hope you enjoy all of them once you get around to them!!

    My TTT: http://www.jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-2015-releases-i-meant.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list, Lindsay! I would like to read Letters to the Lost too and Luckiest Girl Alive sounds intriguing as does The Ambassador's Wife. All of them really. Of your list, I have only read one, The Gracekeepers. I enjoyed it. It has a sort of fable feel to it, I thought. I hope you get a chance to read these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl At War was fantastic. Fates and Furies was good too, although I see how Groff's style could be polarizing. I hope you enjoy them when you get to them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Comments make my day, and I read and appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...